If you’re yet to join a BDB class here are some of the reasons they’re considered by many as Edinburgh’s most exclusive belly dancing classes…
- Ideal class sizes for your maximum progression and personal experience
- Facilitated by Edinburgh’s only full-time bellydance performer, teacher and health & fitness professional. Fully trained and qualified with over 12 years of experience and fresh, fun, innovative methods
- Level of every class is adapted to ensure all participants are both comfortable & continuing to progress
- All moves broken down in both layman terms and underpinning anatomical, physiological and biomechanical technique, explaining the movement pattern and individual muscle actions – not only how to produce the movement but also how an individual can improve its quality.
- Body alignment, posture, tension and breathing technique covered in all teachings
- Effective warm up & cool down provided in each session – crucial for physical maintenance & progression
- All styles & aspects of “bellydancing” and middle eastern dance covered in depth, according to group interests, including for example:
~ Oriental Bellydance; Classical & cabaret – Egyptian, Turkish, Lebanese, Greek & American
~ Fusion Bellydance; American Tribal Style, Tribal Fusion and Industrial Tribal Fusion.
~ Traditional & folk; Baladi, Saidi, Sha’abi, Zaar etc and various gypsy & goddess ritual dances
~ Dancing with props such as; veils, canes and finger cymbals
~ Musicality with drumming patterns, rhythm knowledge and identification
~ Historical and cultural significance
~ Choreography & improvisation; taught pieces and how to improve & create your own
~ Developing performance skills
- Access to after class learning materials
- Stylish & unique new studio space located on Edinburgh’s famous park “The Meadows”
- Reception staff to sign in and assist you – ensuring you receive a full 1 hour lesson
- Underfloor heating and high quality Sonos wireless sound system
- Spacious changing area with shower facilities
- Health and wellbeing shop to browse with after class refreshments available
- Instant group of like minded new friends, community with invitations to social events
- Opportunities to join an amateur performing troupe or progress beyond
- Exciting & glamorous high profile performance opportunities for those who seek them
BDB is a well known and admired identity, of growing influence in the bellydance world
There are currently only 4 spaces remaining on our spring term which starts Tuesday 9th April. If you’d like to join us you can book your space over on the Learn page while there’s still space!
If you’ve missed out this term check back for news of our summer term and be ready to book quickly as spaces are now quite sought after!