- 450g/ minced lamb ( or beef if preferred)
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 tins chopped tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp hot paprika
- Salt and black pepper
- Handful of fresh coriander
- 2 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- Low calorie cooking spray
1. Place the mince in a bowl and combine with parsley and half the cumin and paprika, and season well. Using your hands, shape into roughly 16 small meatballs.
2. Spray a large frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and brown the meatballs. Set aside.
3. In the same pan gently sweat the onions and garlic for 2-3 minutes before adding the remaining cumin, paprika and a generous sprinkle of black pepper. Add the tomatoes and simmer for 30 minutes.
4. Return the meatballs to the sauce and heat through. Stir in the coriander and serve.
Very easy, very inexpensive, and it only takes around half an hour to do. You can also experiment with the amount of spices, if you want to turn the heat up little ….delicious
As extras, I would usually rustle up some cous cous in vegetable stock and simply stir in my favourite herbs, I like to use mint, very aromatic. and/or warm up some flat bread for a feast, it’s great for mopping up the spicy tomato sauce.
Set the table – on a low coffee table or clear some space and lay down a picnic rug , sit amongst friends on the floor with lots of cushions, and some fabby lighting and cue the moroccan bellydance music