Just a quick update on my Professional Development Achievements within the last year, both within the Dance Teacher and Health & Fitness Industry:
- Higher National Certificate in Health, Fitness and Exercise 2008-2009, containing:
- Health Screening
- Stretch Training
- Plan, Teach and Evaluate Gym Based Exercise Sessions
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Exercise Principals and Programming
- Physical Activity for Children
- Research in Sport & Fitness
- Stress Management
- Event Management
- Health and Safety Legislation
- First Aider – advanced level
- Dance Leadership Award 2009
- Pre/Post Natal Exercise course – Premier Training
- PTS Convention – Premier Training
- ‘Register of Exercise Professionals’ membership pending
- and various other personal achievements along the way!
Throughout the last year I have been lucky enough to work with some excellent teachers and lecturers, wonderful clients and dance students, each one presenting another extremely valuable opportunity for me to further my knowledge, research skills and, of course, experience. Thank you to everyone I have met during this year, you have made an impact!
My plans for this academic year upon us are already coming to fruition, I began a Higher National Diploma in Health, Fitness and Exercise back in June and i’m going strong with that. I sustained an injury to the ribs last year and couldn’t continue with Exercise to Music, so this year I hope to also work towards achieving this qualification. I will continue to learn Arabic and advance my costume design skills in my spare time which is precious, as everyone’s is. I intend to do some more travelling to either Egypt, Turkey or Morocco and to attend Raqs Britannia 2010.
Stay healthy and remember – “Minds, like parachutes, work only when they are open”